Adrienne 55/365
well, i guess it was bound to happen... lincoln bit ME today. darn it
hurt. this is a terrible photo from my phone of the back of my thigh. i'm
not really proud of my response to him- a smack on the butt was involved. i
apologized to him for it, but i feel just awful for hitting out of anger.
being a mommy is tough some days.
9 comments:
Oh dear. Don't beat yourself up about how you handled. You're a good mom.
I flicked my kids in the face when they bit me.
Shame, that looks really sore and I'm glad you smacked his bee-hind! When we were kids, biting anyone got US bitten, and it wasn't funny! And no one I know ever tried it more than once! Hope your leg heals quickly. Bex
Don't you worry about the butt swat. My mama spanked me more than once and more than a swat...and I am not a serial killer or anything along those lines. But sorry about your leg. One good thing...you got great legs!
thanks ladies! man, mom guilt is powerful, huh???
bex- my mom bit me, too... i was going to get kicked out of my daycare and she had no other place for me, so she said, "this is what it feels like." i never bit again!
thats how I resolved the problem at home. You bit, I bit. And I had to bit him only once to make him understand. It's difficult for a parent to make sometime some discipline ( harder at the age of 2, because they don't understand) but it is necessary. If you don't do that, the problem will grow up
Em was a god awful biter at child care...and bit me occasionally. Mostly I sat her down on her bum HARD and said NO BITE NO (Toddlers generally only process the last two words, so Bite NO was important) then walked away from her. She did bite her father more frequently.
When Shel went through his biting phase, I had him bite *himself* on the arm, to see how it feels. It worked for him.
Mom guilt is such a visceral thing. Just know that you're acting with love and that you are just learning, every step of the way.
We have had a Lincoln biting stage too. I was horrified when he started doing it, because it was directly a result of what had happened to him at daycare. Don't feel bad about a butt swat, you'd feel worse if it became a real problem with him.
Post a Comment