Marie 62/365


I took a random pic of the ceiling at church today. Normally I work in the
nursery, but we were celebrating El Día de los Muertos and I had brought
items from Shawn's brother and my grandpa. Looking at this picture it is
interesting because I think that might be Jesus up there. I'd venture to
guess the majority of the members of our church are not Christians so it's
interesting to see him so prominently featured. I guess when they built the
church 100 and something years ago it was a Baptist church and they've
maintained some of the art. A lot of the stained glass windows have
prominent figures in history and religion. We have some saints and Darwin as
well. I love that about our church. We are free to believe or not believe.
It's not about saving our souls, it's about growing them.

3 comments:

RobinTwo November 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Interesting.....very interesting...good point BTW...

nicole from envisage November 2, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I think I'd like your church!

Sheila November 4, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

this sounds like cool place to worship

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP