i agree! and i think it's funny that if you saw this woman walking down the street, you'd probably think she was thin... whereas if you saw a "typical" model you would think they were sick and anorexic in real life.
As a Non skinny - and at my thinnest I am a size 12 - gal, I also point beautiful women of all sizes ( and color) to my daughter who is built like me, and will be a lovely woman with curves galore. When classmates tell her she is "fat", I could just strangle them. She isn't Fat - she's Normal.
PS - Are boyshorts the most comfy things evah? They are my Comfy sleeping bottoms!
Dawn I am the same....size 12 when i am at my favorite weight...some-times a 10...but nothing smaller than that. Pisses me off when they call size 10-12 fat. I know I am so glad I am not in high school right now. Those girls are so freaking thin. I would definitely be an outcast.
Dawn - OMG yessss I love boy shorts. In fact, I just bought some FotL boy shorts and they are so friggin' comfy. I mean wow.
And yeah I really wish this "average sized women" campaign had started earlier. It would have saved me a lot of grief as a child, growing up a stocky/chubby girl only to see all the starved looking models that were in the magazines in the 90s.
8 comments:
I agree and props to Fruit of the Loom. I think Dove (or someone like that) has a "real women" campaign that's also refereshing. Bridget
I've never been a skinny girl, nor will I ever be...it is nice to see curves for a change.
That's a pair of girls, all right!
i remember when the "plus sized" models started becoming more mainstream and they were like size 10s. *rolleyes*
it's so good to see advertising starting to realize that women are beautiful even with a little extra padding and that "normal" women aren't size 0s.
i agree! and i think it's funny that if you saw this woman walking down the street, you'd probably think she was thin... whereas if you saw a "typical" model you would think they were sick and anorexic in real life.
As a Non skinny - and at my thinnest I am a size 12 - gal, I also point beautiful women of all sizes ( and color) to my daughter who is built like me, and will be a lovely woman with curves galore. When classmates tell her she is "fat", I could just strangle them.
She isn't Fat - she's Normal.
PS - Are boyshorts the most comfy things evah? They are my Comfy sleeping bottoms!
Dawn I am the same....size 12 when i am at my favorite weight...some-times a 10...but nothing smaller than that. Pisses me off when they call size 10-12 fat. I know I am so glad I am not in high school right now. Those girls are so freaking thin. I would definitely be an outcast.
Dawn - OMG yessss I love boy shorts. In fact, I just bought some FotL boy shorts and they are so friggin' comfy. I mean wow.
And yeah I really wish this "average sized women" campaign had started earlier. It would have saved me a lot of grief as a child, growing up a stocky/chubby girl only to see all the starved looking models that were in the magazines in the 90s.
Post a Comment