Amanda 225/365
I did a volunteer drive for a woman who lived in this building. The fire
was about six weeks ago and while two pets were lost, everyone got out.
The top floor balconies are, for the most part, intact. The furniture is
still out there. Aloe plants are still alive and well. You can see couches
through where the sliding glass doors used to be.
There is an upside down laundry basket hanging upside down in one area.
It's melted down to just the bottom, with clothes trapped in the deformed
plastic, hanging down like it's a weird clothesline. I also spotted a plush
Tigger covered with a flap of carpet and ashes.
This room on the top floor, with the television and the futon still in
place, with the lighter spaces where pictures hung, is one of the creepiest
things I've ever seen.
2 comments:
so sad, and so much destruction. but thankfully no human life lost.
I think it is the "twilight Zone' feeling of disasters - the mix of things we shouldn't see, but are now forced to see- like the small intimate details of people's lives...which makes us afraid and relate simultaneously. I like to think it is a pure root of our humanity that shakes in us, the realization that none of us are immune.
And so endth my deep thoughts.
Post a Comment