Robin 218/365


This is a picture of a picture. One of my favorite photos of my oldest. She
is almost 14 now. She is tall, beautiful, full of attitude, and thinks I'm
the dumbest thing ever born, but today I realized that she is really growing
up, and she is growing up to be such a strong young lady. She stepped up to
a situation that I would have ran from at her age. I still can't believe
this girl came into the world 6 weeks early and weight 5lbs. I was never
more scared of anything that I was of her the first time they brought her to
me. She is growing up so fast, but she is stronger than I have ever been.
I am so overwhelmed with pride and awe.

4 comments:

Dawn April 6, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

It's hard isn't it Robin. That sadness and pride mixed together?

I am beginning to understand why people love their grandchildren so Much - all of the emotion, but with some distance from the pain of parenting.

sarah two April 7, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Love that kiddo. She will never take anyone's mess. Ever. Love that. You can tell her that Aunt Sarah thinks she's pretty badass (or y'know, something a little more appropriate).

Andrea April 7, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

i know that feeling well. :)

Bridget April 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

She was beautiful then and sounds beautiful now. Well done, Mom.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP