So True. Its that thing they never really tell you, or if they do, you don't really hear them. I remember being terrified until my Little Snort would latch on and the milk would let down and then the Ahhhhh feeling, But Yikes. From that day on, I Never judged women who said it wasn't for them and I was grateful for each day that I was able to nurse, because it is hard ass work. And don't forget to Be drinking Water!!!
Best time of my life that's for damn sure. And yes those first couple weeks KILL! I remember crying through feedings, it all works itself out though, beautiful pic.
It's true, like dawn says, thats the thing they didn't tell you. It hurts so bad for me. And my 2 boys were drinking so much ( at 1 month -40oz)that I had to stop because I wasn't producing enought for them. Good luck girl.
my youngest learned to like the taste of A&D ointment because i had to keep that on my nipples for the first few weeks. it was painful but OH so worth it.
They gave me some Lanishoh (sp?) ointment to put on mine. Sooooo glad that I have it as they never really cracked or blistered but they were definitely sore and red for a while. They still hurt when she latches on at first but seem to be slowly getting less painful.
I loved the lansinoh too - it really did help get me through those first few weeks until the nipples toughened up and I got better at figuring out what the hell I was doing, and how to get her on correctly!
9 comments:
So True. Its that thing they never really tell you, or if they do, you don't really hear them. I remember being terrified until my Little Snort would latch on and the milk would let down and then the Ahhhhh feeling, But Yikes. From that day on, I Never judged women who said it wasn't for them and I was grateful for each day that I was able to nurse, because it is hard ass work. And don't forget to Be drinking Water!!!
It is more the nipple soreness than the milk buildup that kills me!
Best time of my life that's for damn sure. And yes those first couple weeks KILL! I remember crying through feedings, it all works itself out though, beautiful pic.
It's true, like dawn says, thats the thing they didn't tell you. It hurts so bad for me. And my 2 boys were drinking so much ( at 1 month -40oz)that I had to stop because I wasn't producing enought for them. Good luck girl.
my youngest learned to like the taste of A&D ointment because i had to keep that on my nipples for the first few weeks. it was painful but OH so worth it.
They gave me some Lanishoh (sp?) ointment to put on mine. Sooooo glad that I have it as they never really cracked or blistered but they were definitely sore and red for a while. They still hurt when she latches on at first but seem to be slowly getting less painful.
It has been 10 years since I have done the baby thing so getting back in the swing of things has been interesting.
I loved the lansinoh too - it really did help get me through those first few weeks until the nipples toughened up and I got better at figuring out what the hell I was doing, and how to get her on correctly!
Post a Comment