Katrina 79/365


1:35 am. I can't remember my throat being in worse pain from coughing. It
feels like it has been scrubbed raw with sandpaper. I am just too tired to
cough any more. My head is POUNDING. The baby is up constantly, just
screaming, screaming. She finally passed out on my shoulder. To top it off,
I got in an argument with the husband, and he isn't talking to me, and I am
not talking to him. He's somehow angry with me for getting sick, like I am
on some sort of pleasure cruise here. He said he's "doing everything around
here." You guessed it; his first day home with the sick baby. It is enough
to make anyone break, I suppose. For that reason, I'll refrain from listing
all the things *I* did today.

Today is my 29th birthday. All I want to do is cry.

9 comments:

syene November 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

So so so so so so so MANY HUGS to you. So many you can't even count them. {{{{{ HUGS!! }}}}}}

Dawn November 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Oh sweetie. This is one of the reasons I know for sure that women are meant to bear the brunt of motherhood and being Women - because we just Do - even after being sick and exhausted and everything else.

We just Do what needs to be done.

A very happy birthday - you can only go up from here.

Maureen November 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

I think your love is evident, though, when you took the time to step past your very real hurt feelings (and hurt body & tired head) to see that he's just as hurt & tired as you are and to try to understand why.

I don't know either of you at all, beyond the photos here, but when you said "It is enough to make anyone break, I suppose", I felt the foundation of a strong relationship going through a patch where neither person was feeling strong or confident right now.

I hope I'm right.

Happy Birthday (hug)

Bridget November 18, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Oh wow, so sorry about this day!! Tomorrow will be better. Hubby owes you a nice dinner out.

Laura November 18, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

So sorry this all happened and then to top it off it's your birthday too. Not to sound to cliche, but this too shall pass.

OMG I had a massive flu last year and my husband thought that since I was home sick all day doing "nothing" that I should go ahead and wrap all the Christmas presents. Right, I was home doing nothing except praying for the sweet realease of death to take me out of my excruciating agony, otherwise my time was free; sure. I was sicker than I had been in years but he didn't get it. Men do not know how to handle it when the woman in their lives is sick. It must be in their chromosomes or something.

Sending healing thoughts and hugs your way!!!

AMmom78 November 18, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Oh, I am so sorry you were having this kind of night. I hope the day got better and that you got some sleep.

I have to say though, I just love the little baby booty in the sleeper. Very cute. And I am glad for you that she is asleep!

Edge November 18, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

Happy Birthday?!

Seriously though, I'm sorry you had such a sh1tty time, and I hope each day is better and better for you!

Bex

littletanmouse November 19, 2009 at 2:21 AM  

Oh you poor thing, I wish you much luck on all fronts.

Katrina November 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Wow, thank you so much ladies for all of the really heartfelt words. It means more than you know!

The hubs and I made up, as always. We have a rule that anything said between 10 pm and 6 am does not affect the marriage! It has come in handy, because in the morning, things aren't as bad as they seemed just a few hours before when we were awakened by one of the kids.

Again, thanks everyone :)

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP