Cut them like 1/2 inch thick (against the grain), pound the shit out of them with a meat hammer so they are super thin (see pic). Season heavily with McCormick Broiled Steak seasoning (see pic), turn over and pound and season other side as well. In a fry pan, mix a square of butter and some olive oil (see amounts in pan). Get that nice and hot and mixed togheter and browned a bit first. Cook those little suckers for about a minute and a half on each side at almost full heat. It will make a mess of your stove, but it's worth it. I have a splatter screen too. I also have two pans on the stove for all those pieces, but I only took a pic of one. SOOO GOOD!! :}
7 comments:
our hunter has gone off to college. so we are deerless this season. :(
yum! how do you prepare them? I think I remember you telling me about a seasoning I needed to try?
OMG I love venison but rarely get to have it. Are you gonna sear it in that delicious butter??
Cut them like 1/2 inch thick (against the grain), pound the shit out of them with a meat hammer so they are super thin (see pic). Season heavily with McCormick Broiled Steak seasoning (see pic), turn over and pound and season other side as well. In a fry pan, mix a square of butter and some olive oil (see amounts in pan). Get that nice and hot and mixed togheter and browned a bit first. Cook those little suckers for about a minute and a half on each side at almost full heat. It will make a mess of your stove, but it's worth it. I have a splatter screen too. I also have two pans on the stove for all those pieces, but I only took a pic of one. SOOO GOOD!! :}
I'll be right over. ;-)
I've printed your recipe, as I anticipate having venison to cook in the relatively near future. Thanks!
mmm! my FIL is a big hunter- i will be passing this along, so that i can have me some of that deliciousness next time he brings one home!!!
Post a Comment