Linda 203/365


Our new football stadium under construction. The university is in a major
financial crisis right now (mainly due to the lack of $3,000,000 in payments
due from the state of Illinois), but somehow, the athletics department has
PLENTY of money for new facilities.

4 comments:

Amanda Nellie March 25, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

Which university?

Andrea March 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Not college - but our high school and is one of the best in the state. our high school football team, on the other hand....SUCKS. bands budget has been almost eliminated. but the football budget is going strong. makes me so mad.

Lynn March 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Funny how that works, eh?

Linda March 25, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

It's Southern Illinois University. And yes, funny how that works. As much as I enjoy going to the basketball and football games, I have to wonder about the administration's priorities as I see the academic budget slashed and layoffs about to happen. Thank goodness I am tenured.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP