Amber 219/365


Okay so this is a cheat because this actually happened yesterday. But I
already sent in a pic for yesterday and I couldn't NOT include this.

See, we have a fountain in the courtyard right outside our apartment and
this pair of ducks (plus one other male) likes to chill in the fountain's
pool. I never expected that one day they'd show up in our back patio,
especially when the patio is fully fenced so they had to fly over the fence
to get in. Not only did they fly over but they both spent a good few minutes
climbing in my potted plants/pots of dirt and PECKING at the slider!
Insistent little buggers. The cat and dog were totally thrown off; they had
NO idea what was going on.

Needless to say, I have encountered more wildlife up close since moving to
frickin' PORTLAND than I ever did when I lived in two more rural cities. Go
figure!

4 comments:

Marie April 9, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

I cannot express the adoration I feel when I see a married couple of ducks walking around. We had a husband and wife that came and hung out in our backyard pond (fake like 3' thing. haha) every year about this time. Then the husband got hit by a car. The wife stood by his body for a long ass time, broke my heart. So whenever I see a couple it melts my heart.

Andrea April 9, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

OMG...amber this is hilarious!!! i also love ducks - they mate for life...and i really respect that. :)

Sheila April 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

We used to have a pair in our old house that would wander from yard to yard on our street, I think looking for a safe place to nest away from predators. We named them Paul & Sparkle (long story). I miss them.

And Marie, that story makes me so sad - her standing by him. I might cry!!

Mary April 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

They look so funny out there staring in! Maybe they want to sell you some AFLAC!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP