Andrea 29/365


I posted a pic of my youngest son a couple of weeks ago and captioned that
his girlfriend of 2+ years had broken up with him and he was heartbroken.
Well....it has really turned him and his world upside down. Yesterday, it
all came crashing down on him and he had a sort of emotional breakdown. I
took him to our family doctor - who was SO nice to him - and after talking
to my son, he decided that he had some "situational anxiety" and needed
something to help him thru all this. So he put him on Zoloft for 30 days.
It broke my heart to see my child so distraught and out of sorts but I am
hopeful that with this medicinal help and steps we are taking at home to get
him emotionally healthy that he'll emerge his awesome self in no time.

5 comments:

Linn September 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

I'm sorry to hear he's not handling it well. He looks like such a happy go lucky kind of kid. I hope this helps and he feels more grounded soon. {{hugs for both of you}}

Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

He'll bounce back soon with the help of you and medicine. I just know it!

Maureen September 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

(((hug))) You are an awesome mother. That must be so hard to see. It's something that I often worry about in my own son, as well - that he won't be able to handle the curves that life throws him. As a parent, you want, so much, for their lives to be happy, for them to be confident, to make everything good for them. It's so hard to see them struggling.

I am hopeful that the meds, the help from the medical community & your own strength & love will help him through. ((hug))

Bridget September 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

I'm sure the support he's getting from you means the world to him. Time will be his friend.

Reenie September 29, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

*hugs*

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP