Jamie 28/365
I was supposed to start my 3 day hospital stay for the internal radiation
today......my blood counts were so low that it would have been extremely
dangerous to proceed. Instead I received 2 units of red blood cells. I can
not begin to express how much better I feel and how grateful I am to those
who donated this blood....to give me energy and oxygen to my organs.....to
give me some of my life back.
today......my blood counts were so low that it would have been extremely
dangerous to proceed. Instead I received 2 units of red blood cells. I can
not begin to express how much better I feel and how grateful I am to those
who donated this blood....to give me energy and oxygen to my organs.....to
give me some of my life back.


3 comments:
OK, I'll do it...
We're having a blood drive at work in a couple of days. For one reason and another, I've gotten out of the habit of donating blood for the past few years.
So, I've been ignoring the blood drive signs & emails here.
But, your photo has inspired me. I'm signing up now :-)
Yeaaaaa!!! And thank you , thank you , thank you!!! If you can turn one persons body around like mine you will have so much gratitude...and if you can save someones life then you are a hero!!!
Even though, obviously, people around are not donating blood for ME, I always thank people for doing it. I had to have so many blood transfusions and platelets when I had cancer, it wasn't even funny. My mom just told me that she just finished giving blood to cover all the times I needed it last year.
It's a wonderful gift to give any one. I can't donate blood or organs, so I really appreciate the people who can and do.
Post a Comment