Katrina 6/365


It took me a while to get accomplished, but finally boiled, pureed,
divided, and froze 2 lbs of carrots today. I realized that since my
son only eats, oh, 5 things, he was getting ZERO veggies in his diet.
We now sneak them into his every-other-day smoothie, one frozen cube
at a time. Not ideal, but at least he is getting it.

My recipe:
1 container Stonyfield Farms yogurt (berry, any kind)
1 large banana
1 veggie cube
1/3 c. frozen fruit, any (we mix it up: blueberries, raspberries,
blackberries, strawberries, mangoes, cantaloupe, pineapple, etc).
1 splash juice, any
4 ice cubes

Blend and serve! He loves it! He will not eat any of those things on
their own.Weirdo.
The containers in this picture are now chilling in our freezer.

7 comments:

Tanya September 7, 2009 at 1:09 AM  

This sounds delicious!

Anonymous September 7, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

I use pureed carrots in my spaghetti sauce, my meatloaf, cookies, just about anything. I also use pumpkin and squash.

adrienne September 7, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

have you ever read deceptively delicious? that's how i first learned to sneak veggies into the kid's meals :)

http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/site/

Kristal September 7, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

What a great momma to go to 'any length' to get that nutrition in em!

Kristal (kh)

Nickie September 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

I'm going to steal this recipe!

Jess_RN September 7, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

That's a cool idea for a picture. Since you make your own babyfood what did you do with the babyfood that originally came in those containers?

Katrina September 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Cindylou, my next step is pumpkin and squash, I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Adrienne, I DO have that cookbook. I'll have to post a pic of all the purees in my freezer for THOSE recipes.

Jess, those containers were actually leftover from when Link was a baby. We clean and re-use them a LOT, they are the perfect size for salad dressing, hard boiled eggs, whatever.

Thanks everyone else!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP