Petra 28/365


Today was not a good day for me. I am having a hard time not getting out of
control mentally these days. For no apparently good reason I'm getting
overwhelmed by everything. So I was sitting on the couch with The Little
Diva feeding her and she spit up....all over my netbook. I work with
computers for a living and I knew I had to get the keyboard out as fast as
possible to prevent it all from seeping into the main components. So I
cleaned her up quickly while keeping the netbook flipped upside down. I
then called the Help Line on the bottom of the netbook to be told they would
not advise me how to remove the removable keyboard. WTF? "Take it to a
computer technician" I am a computer technician you asshat. My lovely
partner sent me a link at that point that gave me the points I needed to pop
the keyboard off. I think I got it off in time, and I got the keyboard
cleaned up as well as I could (the fact when I pressed keys it looked like
cheese
being pressed out the bottom was so gross) So now it sits in pieces just to
be damn sure it's dried off. I will attempt to reassemble her tomorrow.

7 comments:

RobinTwo September 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

Oh YUK!! :{ Hopefully it will still work. *crossfingers*

Linn September 29, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Don't you just love tech support. BTW, we use the term asshat around here all the time. Pretty much sums up at least half of the population!

micala September 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

I spilled a Diet Coke all over my macbook pro keyboard about a year ago and I freaked OUT. I turned it upside down immediately - used the blow dryer to blow it dry between the keys, and then sat it up on its side the entire night and took it to the Apple store the next day. They told me "whatever you did, it worked". I'm typing this on that keyboard/computer now. I hope your netbook's ok! - Shannon

Reenie September 29, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Gag.

I once read something funny online and literally spit my coffee all over the screen and keyboard. It was probably something CC wrote that got me in such a state. I try to blame her for as much as possible. :)

Nerdular September 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

I HAVE THAT NETBOOK! And I just discovered today that it has a (horribly) cracked screen. Only thing I can think of that happened is I stepped on it in the middle of the night. :(

I called Asus and they wouldn't even give me an ESTIMATE for repair. Just told me to send it in. Asshats! Poked around online and depressed myself. I think I'm going to order a new one and (try to) install it myself.

Goddess of Madness September 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

I would never attempt anything to do with the screen. That usually ends up costing almost as much as buying a new laptop or netbook.

Nerdular September 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

Oh, I know... that's why I'm so bummed. It's completely broken and needs replaced. Just the replacement part is 1/4 of the cost of what I paid for the laptop. Getting someone to install it for me will be over half the cost of the screen itself. Which all adds up to half the cost of the laptop. Fun.

I'm going to ask co-workers first to see if anyone knows how to do it. If not, there are tutorials galore online.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP