Robin Two 19/365


My boyfriend does WWII Reinactment as a hobby. Tonight I went along with
him to one of his "events". Not to participate (I'd rather stab myself with
a knife for fun), but just for a few beers around the campfire with all the
reinactment "geeks" after they all got set up and ready for tomorrow. Here
is a picture of just one of the tents they had set up. Everything in the
whole site is from WWII period. Pretty cool I guess, if you like that sort
of thing....... :)

6 comments:

mama_gretch September 19, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Looks like those guys aren't on our side!

Jennifer September 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

I'm a history geek, so I think it's cool. I especially appreciate their (collective, reinactors in general) dedication to getting the setting accurate.

The Courteous Chihuahua September 19, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

My husband would love to do that (or Civil War). I wish he would. It would get him out of the house! LOL

Vixen September 19, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Would they sleep in the tent?

RobinTwo September 20, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Vixen, Yes they actually sleep in those tents. They cook food on the fire from old pots and they were even drinking their beer from cups from that period.

Anonymous September 21, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

Yep, I'm in love with a re-enactor (everything from Civil War to Vietnam) and history buff too. I actually did a Civil War event with him a couple years ago, pretending to be a dude the whole time, and it was a blast. And in two weeks he is (okay, we are) hosting a national WWII event here in Colorado (www.driveonstalingrad.com). We still have so much work to do. :-)

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP