Sarah 25/365


I found this in my room this afternoon, it is Jacelyns from 4th grade. It's not a great picture but it is significant for me.

My first thought in seeing it two years ago was sadness, because #3 is the memory of her baby brother Tristan dying. I felt bad that this is a memory she still had.

My first thought in seeing it today was happiness, to her this memory is an important one. I am overjoyed that it is as important to her as it is to me.

11 comments:

Bridget September 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

Wow, what a precious picture. Amazing how your reaction to it has changed....time can be a wonderful thing.

adrienne September 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

that is so powerful! what an amazing treasure to have.

Heather September 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Being able to express oneself is important. In this case it is important to both of you which is wonderful! (((hugs)))

ronda September 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

i have thought about her and tristan a lot lately. one of our cd's in the car right now has you are my sunshine in it. that will forever be their song for me. i can not hear it and not send thoughts to all of you. i am glad that seeing this picture today made you happy, instead of sad.

syene September 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM  

This is so unbelievably moving. The depth of Jacelyn's feelings is so obvious here! Children know and understand so SO much more that we sometimes give them credit for. I think this picture is one of the most wonderful illustrations of the bitter-sweetness of life I have ever seen. There is sadness BUT there is celebration, too. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Dawn September 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Imagine our own lives Sarah - had we been given this space to really Feel our feelings at 11. To speak our truth and be acknowledged.

It is a gift you have allowed her to have and she will never forget.

Linn September 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Wow Sarah. This has me on the verge of tears. Thank you for sharing with us.

Anonymous September 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

That was the first thing that struck me after seeing it again, was how my reaction had changed, it sort of amazed me.

Jacelyn really is truly amazing, I am so very proud of her.

Anonymous September 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Sarah , thanks for sharing this really. You know how and what it means to me.Thank you.A hug from me to Jacelyn. She never ceases to surprise me. Today morning itself I was thinking about the blanket thing she did. I wish I could hold her hands. She is an amazing girl.

Laura September 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

(((Hugs))) to you all...

Anonymous September 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

WOW! I just saw this as I have been behind and looking at the Envisage site. This is powerful. Be sure to save this forever Sarah.

You are so blessed with Jacelyn & all of your children you have the most amazing children ever.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP