Andrea 43/365


This picture isn't really significant if you don't know what this normally
looks like. This is our backyard. Thankfully, that's a long way from the
house and it is all downhill. So we are safe from flooding. But we NEVER
thought we'd see the day when that river overflowed into the yard. Just
beyond the picnic table and benches is usually about a 15-20' drop off to
the river below. The river itself is not visible from the back porch -
where I was standing when I took this picture. In normal weather conditions
the river is about a foot deep. To be up over that embankment and into the
yard...it has to be at least 20' deep and probably 40 or 50' wide.
Unbelievable.

2 comments:

Anonymous October 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Man the lifeboats!

Edge October 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Eish!!! (Which I can't really translate adequately, but it kinda means "ouch"!) Bex

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP