Colleen 43/365

I had to take this photo. I went into my daughter's room to put laundry
away and gather more dirty laundry and I looked up and noticed that she has
officially become a teenager.
She is 15 and has been a teen obviously for some time now but I think what
happened here is that it literally struck me, Mom.
It hit me like a ton of bricks that my baby is growing up, she is a big
teenager.
I never noticed her mirror before, I have never noticed a lot of stuff I saw
in her room this day.
I had to take a snap shot of this moment.
This was the moment it hit Mom hard. This is the moment I took a deep breath
and just enjoyed her room mess and all. This is when I realized I need to
slow down and take more time to enjoy her and her siblings more. Take more
time to notice the little things too, like her beautiful handwriting on her
mirror.
This day I realized how blessed I am. I am lucky and I am thankful and all
it took was for me to do laundry and see handwriting on a mirror to realize
this.

2 comments:
i have 2 teenage boys. i got into their rooms frequently. sometimes when they are asleep. this morning, i went into my youngest (16 in 3 weeks) sons room (he was not there) and i just sat on his bed and took it all in. he'll be gone in a flash. i can still see him reaching up to me to pick him up out of his crib. but...he's a really cool kid. and i take pride that i had something to do with that. enjoy your daughter now....i am sure she's an awesome kid, too.
Your caption and picture are beautiful and thought-provoking! Bex
Post a Comment