Dawn 33/365


Prepping the rabbit salad.
Rabbits are high maintenance pets. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
Twice a week I buy about 25 bucks worth of greens and make the massive
rabbit salad that they will consume stem to tip, twice a day.

5 comments:

Anonymous October 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Wow! That's a lot of salad!!

Bridget October 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

I had no idea!

Dawn October 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

I put it in that garbage bag over there to the side- Which they will empty to the very last green. Part of a rabbits "deal" is that they needs constant gut stimulation ( kind of like horses) because of the way they are "set up" - so unlimited hay, very limited pellets ( its their night time snack and they get the very high end, high fiber pellets) But the basis of their diet is Greens.

RobinTwo October 5, 2009 at 10:45 PM  

Wow, I had no idea they required all that. Pretty fancy salad! How many rabbits do you have?

Dawn October 6, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Two Rabbits , Robin - Coco, our little Dutch girl who we rescued and adopted in April 2008 and Jackson , who we adopted in August 2009 from the SPCA. He was a rescue after being abandoned in an apartment complex in July.

Until Coco, I had never even considered rabbits as "real" pets - but she charmed the shit out of me...and I came to understand that rabbits can be litter trained so they can be cage free - and move around the house like more traditional "pets". I can't imagine my life without the two of them hopping around my bedroom.

This salad was 3 heads of romaine, 4 heads of italian parsley, 4 bunches of mint, 3 bunches of cilantro, 6 small bunches of dandelion greens, and one large bunch of spinach. Sometimes I get them chicory, or dill, kale or other greens depending what is available. Aside from the cilantro roots that I toss, everything gets chopped and put in the bag. They eat it ALL.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP