Jennifer Lea 39/365

This is Sydney's new k/d prescription diet. All of the tests have been done
and it looks like he's in the first stages of renal failure. We're catching
it just as it's beginning, so hopefully the kidney diet will help him out.
He'll get more tests done at his next wellness visit in February and we'll
see if the food is helping or if it will be time for medication.

4 comments:
I'm not overly impressed with the ingredients in the rx diets but I can't deny that they really do work, as long as the animal will eat them. Best of luck.
I know, his former diet was California Naturals and Wellness. No by products, all natural, organic, human grade, etc. I mentioned to my vet that I felt this was a step down, but she mentioned that it's better to have him on a kidney diet that's not human grade than to have him on a human grade diet that won't aid his renal failure. She's right. While I don't like that they use by products and the like, I do hope this will help stave off the renal failure and the need for medication for as long as possible.
And he does, at least, seem to like it. Then again I'm pretty sure he's part goat and will eat anything.
Shame, poor kitty! Hope the food helps! My cat is on the Feline C/d. My ex bought the K/d by mistake once though. I was surprised to see this food in your picture, because it looks exactly the same here in South Africa! Bex.
PS. My cat LOVES the stuff!
Post a Comment