I'm turning this in a day late and I'm so sorry! I spotted this truck in
traffic... I giggled at the mis-quote and then I laughed even harder when I
realized that this idiot probably had no idea what that even meant or who
John Galt is.
Ok admission. It has been years since I read the book and I am awful at remembering direct quotes and whatnot. Was it supposed to be: Who is John Galt? And dude, talk about bad memory I could've sworn it was spelled Gault. So in defense of Mr. or Ms. Red Jeep there, maybe they're just a ding-dong head like me and really did read the book and then promptly forgot half of it.
John Galt is a character from Ayn Rand's book "Atlas Shrugged." He invented a motor that worked on static electricity and then quit and went into hiding, along with all of the other creative leaders and scientists from around the world, when the leaders of his factory decided to use communism as a business model. All of the leaders, artists and scientists are 'on strike' in an effort to bring down the collectivist (read: communist) society. Today, people are referencing John Galt in protest to President Obama's perceived push toward a more socialist society. (since socialism is basically Diet Communism!)
I know that was probably more than you ever wanted to know, lol!!!
3 comments:
*snicker*
Ok admission. It has been years since I read the book and I am awful at remembering direct quotes and whatnot. Was it supposed to be: Who is John Galt? And dude, talk about bad memory I could've sworn it was spelled Gault. So in defense of Mr. or Ms. Red Jeep there, maybe they're just a ding-dong head like me and really did read the book and then promptly forgot half of it.
;-)
John Galt is a character from Ayn Rand's book "Atlas Shrugged." He invented a motor that worked on static electricity and then quit and went into hiding, along with all of the other creative leaders and scientists from around the world, when the leaders of his factory decided to use communism as a business model. All of the leaders, artists and scientists are 'on strike' in an effort to bring down the collectivist (read: communist) society. Today, people are referencing John Galt in protest to President Obama's perceived push toward a more socialist society. (since socialism is basically Diet Communism!)
I know that was probably more than you ever wanted to know, lol!!!
Post a Comment