boycotting their return policy. It's been since the beginning of the year. The closest Borders is 90 miles away. Waldens is out cuz it's part of B&N.Plus I really detest amazon's site. So i'm pretty much screwed!
I've been to two PostSecret events. They were awesome!
Heather, I actually work at a BN, and I am so happy about our return policy. our store personally has gotten ripped of royally from people takinbg stuff off shelves, and returning them up from for cash. our old policy made that totall ypossible. or people would return books 3 years later. Corparate had to take a stand. its always a few who ruin it for everyone. Even yesterday, I had a woman THROW her cd at me when I wouldnt let her return it. It was 3 months old and open. We just updated our systems tho, so if you dont have your receipt, we can look you up by credit card or member number if you are a member. Anyway, hope you do come back, we are good people.
yikes. i sound like such a coparate stooge! thats what 3 years at a store will do to ya!
I used to work at BN, and I hated the return policy! It really made me sad when people whose children had gotten two of the same book at a birthday party the day before couldn't return their books because they didn't have a receipt. I also did not like being abused by the customers who became upset by the return policy.
Also, I thought Waldenbooks was part of Borders, and B. Dalton was part of BN.
OH Jen you're right! It is B.Dalton. Jen knows the whole BN saga from envisage last year.
Lara ~ the part that drove me over the edge was that I HAD THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT but they wouldn't take my item back because I only had a gift receipt. Ooooo I'm getting all het up about it again!! I won't be back!
i love these books and the website. i have all but the last 2 books - sadly...just not enough money in the budget now for luxuries like books. have to settle for the library - and our small town library does not stock these. :(
I only buy books that I want to keep. I do online reviews for various publishers, so I get a ton of free books. I just have to buy my paranormals (why I'm not asked to review that...I don't understand!)
So I haven't a run-ins with the return policies. But I heard B&N was losing major $$$$ due to the old policy. Some people turned it to a lending library...buy books, read em, take em back, get the money back, buy another book. You might as well just get a friggin library card!
Heather, if you had come to my store, and been nice, I would have bent the rules for ya. :) Most people I know who work there do that for people who don't know about the return policy, and are nice about it. (I am rigid as a board on people who yell at me. he he he)
If you do ever go back and need to return something, just mail it to someone in Seattle and have them bring it to me. :)
12 comments:
is page 125 your secret?? I'm hoping mine is in there! We've boycotted B and N though so I have to wait til I get to where there are other bookstores!
Page 125 is someone else's secret but it's word for word one of mine.
This is a great postsecret book.
Why the B&N boycott? I'm a borders girl myself.
OMG I am so jealous of you right now!!
PostSecret is one of the things my husband just doesn't get. He mocks it. *Sigh*
I am so getting this book!!
boycotting their return policy. It's been since the beginning of the year. The closest Borders is 90 miles away. Waldens is out cuz it's part of B&N.Plus I really detest amazon's site. So i'm pretty much screwed!
I've been to two PostSecret events. They were awesome!
Heather, I actually work at a BN, and I am so happy about our return policy. our store personally has gotten ripped of royally from people takinbg stuff off shelves, and returning them up from for cash. our old policy made that totall ypossible. or people would return books 3 years later. Corparate had to take a stand. its always a few who ruin it for everyone. Even yesterday, I had a woman THROW her cd at me when I wouldnt let her return it. It was 3 months old and open.
We just updated our systems tho, so if you dont have your receipt, we can look you up by credit card or member number if you are a member.
Anyway, hope you do come back, we are good people.
yikes. i sound like such a coparate stooge! thats what 3 years at a store will do to ya!
I used to work at BN, and I hated the return policy! It really made me sad when people whose children had gotten two of the same book at a birthday party the day before couldn't return their books because they didn't have a receipt. I also did not like being abused by the customers who became upset by the return policy.
Also, I thought Waldenbooks was part of Borders, and B. Dalton was part of BN.
Powells.com <3
OH Jen you're right! It is B.Dalton. Jen knows the whole BN saga from envisage last year.
Lara ~ the part that drove me over the edge was that I HAD THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT but they wouldn't take my item back because I only had a gift receipt. Ooooo I'm getting all het up about it again!! I won't be back!
i love these books and the website. i have all but the last 2 books - sadly...just not enough money in the budget now for luxuries like books. have to settle for the library - and our small town library does not stock these. :(
I only buy books that I want to keep. I do online reviews for various publishers, so I get a ton of free books. I just have to buy my paranormals (why I'm not asked to review that...I don't understand!)
So I haven't a run-ins with the return policies. But I heard B&N was losing major $$$$ due to the old policy. Some people turned it to a lending library...buy books, read em, take em back, get the money back, buy another book. You might as well just get a friggin library card!
Heather, if you had come to my store, and been nice, I would have bent the rules for ya. :)
Most people I know who work there do that for people who don't know about the return policy, and are nice about it.
(I am rigid as a board on people who yell at me. he he he)
If you do ever go back and need to return something, just mail it to someone in Seattle and have them bring it to me.
:)
LOL thanks Lara!
Post a Comment