Sarah 38/365


Nayt and I were stuck behind a car today with this sticker. My very first response when I saw it,

"Wow that's one peppy chick."

Then I chuckled because it was made clear to me once more that I am VERY cynical. Later while doing the dishes I thought about my kids and how, most likely, I am teaching them to be cynical as well.

I think it's healthy to have a measure of cynicism, but do I want them to have it at 11, 6 and 2?

7 comments:

Bridget October 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

LOL! Maybe not the 2 year old...the others are old enough to HANDLE THE TRUTH! ;-)

Dawn October 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

(cough)

I have these t-shirts. It is a company that was founded in New Hampshire, believe it or not. 2 dudes selling tshirts out of their old VW bus...

Judy October 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

I have this sticker on my rear windshield as well in addition to a number of the shirts.

Linda October 9, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

I have these t-shirts, too. I prefer being a positive thinker, and they let me share that philosophy.

Anonymous October 9, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

I envy those who can be positive thinkers, for me it is almost impossible. I don't envy you all enough to try to hard to change though. :)

sarah two October 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

I have a sweatshirt (wore it yesterday actually). The only reason I have it? Because someone left it at my sister's house and it didn't fit my sis. Mine now, suckas!

But, ANYWAY...

I believe cynicism is a good thing. People who constantly say how wonderful life is, how every moment is amazing, how everything is perfect? I think somehow they must be kidding themselves. (Oh, hi, btw - I'm Sarah and I'm a jerk). :)

Bj in Dallas October 10, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

I'm BOTH! I have this sticker on my car! Just like the concept of the company, hippies turned entrepreneurs....and I try to remind myself like is good rather than crappy days.

However, I'm cynical and try to catch myself so I'm not rubbing off on my 12 year old. I heard it in her comments and decided she would learn her own level of it through experiences, and I didn't need to shove mine at her.

Overall, its still all good.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP