Robin Two 88/365

OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, truthfully I've participated in Black Friday "madness" for years, so
maybe I've forced myself to think negative about it this year because I had
to work, but COME ON!!!!!
It seems to be getting more and more rediculous every year. Stores open
earlier, door busters get more and more unbelievable (however if you squint
to see the small print, they have 4 available per store!). I hate to admit
it, but I'm getting to be less and less a fan of the Christmas holiday every
year. Is this really the true reason for the
season?................Shopping MADNESS, standing in line for 5 hours, going
broke on things people don't even need, people being trampled to death at
Walmart? Really fricken' sad......... :{

7 comments:
OMG AMEN! i think it's shameful! My husband and I shopped online on Thanksgiving, and there is NO way that the black friday idiots got better deals than we did! I was amazed how good the deals were and I ordered from 7 different sites and only paid 7.00 in shipping almost everyone had free shipping!!!
I'm with you! I went to one Black Friday in 2006 and that was the last for me! I really think my time is more valuable than that...it's better to just save up you $$$ and wait for the sale after New Years.
Well, I'm going to be the dissenting voice -- I shop on Black Friday every year. I never buy much. Actually, I rarely look at the flyers first. I don't ever really need anything (I have yet to see a deal good enough to make me wait outside somewhere at four a.m.).
But it's a tradition - my mom and i go every year - and we get to the mall around 7:30 or so and the m adness has died down. I like the tradition of it. I like people watching.
(The longest line was at Starbucks, though).
I've got to agree with all of you. The craziness of it all is too much for me...it is WAY TOO MUCH. But dang, the people watching is totally awesome!
I must admit I did miss the "tradition" part of it by not going this year because I had to work. I've done it for years. We would always be up at 4am, then back home and back in bed by 10am. But how people act waiting for some of those door busters is amazing (and I admit, I've been a part of it at times! Ha!). Good people watching for sure!!
ha ha! your first line sums it up beautifully!
I did a Black Friday once a few years ago. I took the girls and we got fed up after about an hour, went to breakfast then went home and back to bed!
Post a Comment