Judy 119/365


With all the sub freezing weather and 24" of snow I neglected to winterize
my outside faucet which never sees the sun. Consequently it froze...add to
that the inside shut off did not work. Water going everywhere outside.
I had the name of a plumber I hadn't had a reason to use so gave him a
call. Lucky for me he was about 15 min. from my house and came right by.
He put a new nozzle on the outside and replaced the shut off on the inside
and carried out 20 gal of water I had vacuumed up when we had a torrential
rain a few weeks ago. For all this service he charged me $100. Compare
that to the $160 I paid a plumber last spring to replace a 10 cent washer on
that same faucet and you can see why I consider the charge a bargain and a
half! In addition he is certified to do electrical and heater work.......oh
happy day. He calls me "Mom"...priceless!

3 comments:

Amanda Nellie December 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Having a good plumber is SO important. It's the same as having a goof mechanic. Then you can't move because you'd have to find a plumber and a mechanic all over again.

Glad to hear it's all taken care of. :)

Bridget December 31, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

What a great story!

Anonymous December 31, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

YAY for honest plumbers! And being called "mom." I've never had that pleasure!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP