Mary Jane 102/365

We had our neighborhood Christmas party tonight. In addition to the cash
bar, there was complimentary champagne. Just a big, huge tray sitting there
full of glasses of champagne...and nobody really wanted it and I just
couldn't see it going to waste...so needless to say, I didn't get many
pictures. ;) I did, however, get a photo (and not a very good one) of my
neighbor, Becky's incredible ring. The diamonds are 200 years old...all the
way back from great great great grandparents in New York....made their way
to Charleston, SC, was lost in a poker game, pawned, left on a hook in a
hotel bathroom at the beach, lost in a front yard..but obviously made it's
way back every time. It truly was beautiful...much more beautiful in person
than my drunk photographic abilities could capture. And the history behind
it...magical.

3 comments:
Gorgeous ring and a great story!
Complimentary Champagne. My two favorite words in the whole wide world. ;-)
wow -- great story, great ring. and very good of you to help that champagne not go to waste!!
Post a Comment