Mary Jane 118/365


Spent the evening in the emergency room......took a Sunday afternoon nap
and when I woke up, my head was exploding with pain. Nathan took my blood
pressure and it was 160/110 so off to the emergency room we go.....I felt
like i was going to throw up while we were on the way which really scared
him so we went straight to the fire station where our neighbor is a
fireman. David got me all fixed up in the ambulance and off we went. I
cried. I was scared. Was afraid I was going to have a heart attack and
die. They suspect I had a migraine (never had one of those!) which caused
my blood pressure to go up so high. Once the pain was under control, my
blood pressure went back down. Not a fun night. But i would love to have
some more of that Dilaudid. That was some good shit. Pain gone in 5, 4, 3,
2, 1....

11 comments:

Maureen December 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

How frightening! Glad you had people there to help you. Did they schedule you for followups with your doctor?

Judy December 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Scary scenario and glad you are okay. Impressed that you thought of bringing your camera along and recording the scene.

Bridget December 29, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

OMG how terrible MJ! Thank God Nathan was there to help you. I hope this is just an isolated thing. Feel better soon.

Anonymous December 29, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Yeah, i am pretty sure it was an isolated thing. I'm calling my doc to schedule a physical so I'm on the right track. :) Thanks to you my friends for being concerned.

Anonymous December 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

This happened to me too Mary Jane, before Eli was conceived. I spent a month with that pain, they thought I had blood clots and I couldn't speak except in gibberish. My inflections were correct but the words were all nonsense. I remember the first day I went to the ER for it I laid on the bathroom floor of the ER waiting room bathroom with my cheek pressed against the base of the toilet for coolness, it was all the energy I had to lift my mouth to the bowl to vomit every couple of minutes until they called me in. I thought I was dying.

I hope this never happens to you again, the pain is beyond words.

sarah two December 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

Migraines can be HORRIBLE! I've had some that were mild and some that landed me in the ER - I'm glad you're feeling better now!

RobinTwo December 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Yup....worst headache you even felt in your like and feel like puking? Sounds like a migraine to me. I always tell people, until you have one you have no idea. I only get few a year but when I get one I'm down for the count! Hope you are feeling better soon....

Heather December 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

very scary! Glad you got it figured out so quickly and are doing the follow up!

Dawn December 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Boy do I understand. The first one I got - I was sure I was having a Stroke since the vision in my left eye had gone about 3/4ths of the way out.

I get maybe one a year, sometimes less - But really - until you have had one, you just can't know. Let's hope this was an isolated incident!

The Courteous Chihuahua January 4, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Ugh. Late to post on this, but glad it was "just" a migraine and not a heart attack. Hope you never have another one. They are no fun.

The Courteous Chihuahua January 4, 2010 at 1:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP