Maureen 116/365


Mom saved all of the letters that dad sent her back when he was in the Navy,
when they were just dating. She entrusted them to a sister in the weeks
before she passed away and that sister conspired with another this past
month, to type them all out & present them to us as gifts on Christmas eve.
I stayed up for hours reading them, but am only halfway through today. It's
so cool watching the story unfold, reading the uncertainty as they face new
decisions about their future, when I know how the the story ends (at least,
so far...)

6 comments:

Andrea December 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

wow...that is so cool!

AmyGirl December 29, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

what an awesome gift! Just the few lines I read were so romantic!

RobinTwo December 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

I don;t blame you for reading them for hours and hours. It's got to be so awesome to read those.......

Heather December 29, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

What a treasure! It's wonderful that your aunts did that...and that not just one kid got them and the others weren't able to see them *though your family doesn't seem to be like that*

Pam December 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

That's an amazing gift.

Sheila December 30, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

This is the coolest gift!! You are so lucky --

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP