Shannon 118/365


Today we decided to drive to a little town near us to spend a few hours
looking at antiques. I typically don't buy much of anything, but just being
around so many objects that all have such a history is something I really
love. I like thinking about who might have owned those things and what their
lives were like. I love being able to touch things and think about where
they've come from.

On a related note, I once got in trouble at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
for touching a sarcophagus that was *about* a trazillion years old. HELLO -
if you don't want people to TOUCH it, don't SIT IT RIGHT OUT THERE!! (It was
totally worth getting in trouble for - that Egyptian shit in that museum
blows me away)

1 comments:

Anonymous December 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

I'm the same way Shannon. That's why I love working at my husband's antique auctions. Love touching and wondering about where things have been...what they've "seen."

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP