Stephie 102/365

My last night in guinea! I can't believe how much i cried.. everyone was
crying! I was so sad to leave, i had no idea the impact this place had on
me! There is mama up in the back (she loved to be in just her bra!) and 2 of
karims sisters, boobadie,some family friends, fode one of the drummers up
front, and right above my head was sweet sweet yousouf! He refused to smile
in any of my last photos, he would put on a sad face and refuse. Because he
was so sad i was leaving, we both cried together.. He was only13 here i
think, he wrote me little love notes all the time, it was soo cute! And he
always wanted to wash my shoes for me and help me in any way.. now with the
money we send from the fund he can go to school..
I have never been so sad to leave a place! I vowed i would come back.. and
all these amazing people, and memories are why I was so upset not to be able
to go back this year.. i do hope my life allows me to go next year.. then
again i truly believe if you put your mind to it, you can do anything!

3 comments:
What great friends you have made. I hope you are able to make it back next year!
What a great picture and a great experience. I do hope you can make it back there.
Africa really gets under your skin, doesn't it?! Bex
Post a Comment