Andrea 127/365


This will soon identify my oldest son, Z, as a member of the National
Guard. He is signing up on Saturday. He's researched this for the past
several months and finally made his decision over his winter break. He'll
continue in school pursuing his teaching degree in Agricultural Education.
He'll be in the reserves with the NG. He'll go to boot camp this summer.

I am very proud of him for making such a MAN decision. He's always been the
kid looking at the bigger picture. On his 16th birthday he came home so
excited and said, "Mom, you'll NEVER guess what I did today!" I assumed
he'd gotten a tattoo or something. But no, he opened his very own ROTH IRA
account. So, he's once again looking at the bigger picture - wanting to go
the full 20 years as a reservist to obtain full military retirement.

Today, and most every day, I am so very proud to be his mama.

7 comments:

RobinTwo January 5, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

WOW!! He is clearly every mother's dream. You have to be so proud....Good for him!!!..

adrienne January 5, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

wow- i'm impressed- he must have had one hell of a mama! :)

adrienne January 5, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

HAVE! not have had! he still has one hell of a mama! geez... sorry!

Bridget January 5, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

He opened an IRA when he was SIXTEEN?? All I ever did was open beer when I was that age. God bless him.

And congrats to you, Mama. ;-)

Anonymous January 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Ya'll he is the best kid. If I knew I could have one just like him, I'd do it. And his mama ain't half bad either ;)

nicole from envisage January 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

I hope I'm like him when I grow up!!

The Courteous Chihuahua January 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Awesome. Congrats to you for having a hand in his awesomeness.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP