Judy 147/365


This is a non working gas lantern in my front yard which had the top on
before the wild wind and rain storm on Monday. Wind blew the top right off
screws and all.
I have wanted to get this converted to electric but every estimate comes in
around $500 (mostly labor) so I have just let it rest. When these lanterns
first became
popular back in the 70s you could get one installed and pay just $5 a month
for the gas it used. Of course that is no longer the case and they have
virtually disappeared
from front yards. I will probably remove it altogether.

2 comments:

Pam January 29, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

I have a gas lamp in my front yard and was actually able to get it working. I love them!

adrienne January 29, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

we had one of these in maryland and i always wished it worked.... $500?? yikes!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP