Mary Jane 145/365

Here I am backstage without makeup....We had a ritual...about an hour and a
half before the show, my "sister" and I sat at the poker table, on stage and
put our makeup on....obviously the lighting made it a good place but it was
also calming....as I put on my makeup, folks would come in and sit with us
and talk and we all enjoyed each other's company...laughing...poking fun at
one another....and that is when I really transformed in to Cecily
Pigeon....the British accent would start coming out more and more as the
makeup went on. If i do say so myself, Saturday night's performance was by
far our best. We had 153 people attending. I really hate to see it come to
an end tomorrow.

5 comments:
That sounds like a great idea. I can just picture you yacking away in your fake accent as you paint up your face at the stage table. SOOOO SOOO wish I could have been there! Glad you had such a wonderful experience with all of this..
A star is born!!! So glad that you're enjoying it as much as you are.
Sounds like a wonderful ritual! I'm glad you've had a good run and enjoyed yourself so much. Good for you!!
Thanks all! It really was TERRIFIC!
You can HEAR the joy in your comments! I wish I lived closer so that I could have seen you in action! When they take the show on the road to Texas, let us know!!
Post a Comment