Sarah 124/365

Forgiveness is a wonderful thing, it can also be a hard thing. If you are able to put aside your pride and ask for forgiveness in a selfless manner I can't see being able to deny you. My Grandmother called me today and in tears she asked me for my forgiveness for the way she has unwittingly treated me in the past, she said she didn't realize and that while she hasn't always liked everything I have done she loves me and would never have wanted to make me feel the way she did. She said 2010 was a new year and she wanted to start it off on a new foot. She didn't put conditions on her request and she didn't make excuses for herself. She simply said,
"I'm sorry, please forgive me."
I told her that there was never a doubt in my mind that I would forgive her. She is my Grandmother and I love her.

5 comments:
How wonderful. :-) You taught me somthing.
I think you both exchanged a very valuable gift today.........How wonderful...xo
Ah...forgiveness...it can lessen the burden for sure. So happy for you and your grandmother. :)
you look so peaceful and pretty in this picture sarah :)
I wish my grandmother would do the same...nice post
Post a Comment