Sarah 144/365

This is my picture from lst year, Day 75.
Sunday morning at 2am Robert tried to kill me with a pillow wrapped in saran wrap while Eli slept in the next room. I don't know if I was able to get out of the situation or if Robert realized what he was doing and stopped. He spent a week in the pysch ward and is now in jail waiting to go before the judge on charges of felony assault by strangulation and 1st degree attempted murder. I am afraid for him. I am afraid they will put him in prison when what he needs is a hospital. He is an unmedicated bi polar who went through a four year depressive period that ended in a manic episode in which he tried to kill me. I keep trying to repeat that to myself, he tried to kill me, because it hasn't sunk in yet. He tried to kill me. He tried to kill me. I am alive but I feel dead inside. I ran away to Minneapolis for a week and am returning to Rochester tomorrow morning. The womens shelter is trying to find a spot for Eli and I, the girls are staying with their grandparents. I have 150 dollars to my name and as of February first no home. I don't know what I am going to do, I don't know sometimes how to put one foot in front of the other, but I am able to breathe and I am so grateful for that.

19 comments:
I don't even know what to say.
Keep breathing. Take it one moment at a time. Thank goodness for the people around you, who are helping you through this.
((hug))
Sarah, I sent you an email at your personal address. xo
Very glad you are alive Sarah.
xxoxo
hope everything is gonna be ok for you. sending you a lot of hugs.
Good grief. I'm stunned. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Please remember this, yes he is sick and he needs help, HOWEVER, you need to make a seperate life for yourself. I let the person who attacked me back into my life because he was sick and though he never laid a hand on me again, he sucked me emotionally dry. Please, please be careful and know I'm here to help even if it's only someone to send an email in ALL CAPS TO YELL AT.
I'm very sorry Sarah, I truly hope for the best for you and your kids. Focus on them. You are one strong lady.
I am a little confused..are you descriing a recent episode or one in the past. I am so sorry to hear about this whenever it happened and only hope the best for you and your children. Stay strong.
I'm so sorry Sarah....stay strong for yourself and for your kids. I know you worry about him because of the mental situation, but in that worrying, you CANNOT forget about yourself...Remember what is healthy for you and your kids. (((HUG)))
Yeah,..I'm confused as well. Is there an update to this? Either way, I hope you are safe and happy
I don't know if this is my place or not but she is doing fine. She is sorting out the things that she needs to get done so that she and her kids can carry on. I'm sure Sarah will update you all when she gets a chance to get back online. :)
Wow sarah.. i am so sorry.. i dated a bi-polar alcoholic for 1 1/2 years.. i know the ups and downs, the scary and the happy.. and the feeling like you need to take care of them.. and the fright when they threaten your life! Stay strong.. you can make it through this! sending healing thoughts your way!!
Wow sarah.. i am so sorry.. i dated a bi-polar alcoholic for 1 1/2 years.. i know the ups and downs, the scary and the happy.. and the feeling like you need to take care of them.. and the fright when they threaten your life! Stay strong.. you can make it through this! sending healing thoughts your way!!
Sarah I don't know what to say but I just want you to know that please do not hesitate to ask for help. And please know that we all are here for you.You are strong and I am so happy that you and the kids are fine. Thank God ! Love to you Sarah.
Thanks for the update, Kirsten.
My STBX was unmedicated bipolar who was re-diagnosed w/ schizo-affective disorder and bipolar mania. He strangled my 10 y/o. Spent a wk in a psych hosp while i dealt with DFS. All of his anger toward me was taken out on our child. It's scary when they're not medicated and think they're ok. Please know that you're not alone. I will keep you in my prayers, and i know you will get thru this. I'm living proof that survival is possible despite an awfully bleak outlook.
One foot in front of the other, and one hour at a time... You're a strong woman Sarah! My thoughts are with you and the kiddies. I wish there was something I could do! Bex
Hugs sweetie, you and your children are in my thoughts, and sending those good thoughts your way.
***Suz
i know i've been MIA (again), but i was very sad to read this! my thoughts and my heart goes out to you and your kids, sarah!
**dannette**
Post a Comment