Linda 179/365


This pretty boy was hanging out on the ledge just outside of my office
window. The woman in the office next to mine has bird feeders
suction-cupped to her windows, and they're quite popular. He seems to be
waiting his turn.

7 comments:

Bridget February 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

So pretty!

Chris March 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

I love the way he is all puffed up against the cold. Great shot.

Andrea March 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I was just telling my husband yesterday how you posted some beautiful bird photos. We have birds that come to our feeders but I have no idea how to capture them on film.

Linda March 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Andrea -- I guess it's 3 things for me. One, my camera has an awesome zoom (up to 48X). Two, I use a faster shutter speed for bird photography. Three, I'm willing to take 30 or 40 pics just to get that one good one. So you might give one or two of those things a try!

Lynn March 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Wow! Gorgeous! I wish we had Cardnials here! How do you increase your shutter speed with your camera - do you use the sports mode?

Linda March 1, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

I use sports mode if I'm in a rush to get a shot; I change the shutter speed if I have time to fiddle with it. I know you have the same camera -- it's on the 3rd page of menu settings -- last one (min. shutter speed).

Lynn March 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

Yes - found it thanks!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP