Mary Jane 157/365


This is a cheat photo. It's my tattoo. Yeah yeah yeah go ahead and
say it...tramp stamp. I know. 2 years ago in January, me, Nathan,
Andrea and K all went together to Athens, Ga and got a tattoo. I
picked a butterfly because of the symbolism of it....you know the
metamorphasis symbolism...i was becoming who I wanted to be all along.
For the first time in my life, I felt like I could really be me...I
felt like I had been a catepillar all this time and when I met Nathan
and then Andrea and K, the real me came out of my cocoon. Today, I
started metamorphing again...I started acting lessons and it was a
BLAST. It showed me I have a long way to go but that it's going to be
a beautiful and fun experience getting there.

We are always changing, learning, becoming...I hope it never stops.

3 comments:

Bridget February 5, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

I love the connection between your tattoo and how you feel about your personal growth!! I wish I felt stronly enough about some symbol to get it inked permanantly on my body.

Sheila February 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

MJ - your reason for getting this particular tattoo is beautiful! it's not a tramp stamp any longer :)

RobinTwo February 6, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

I love your explanation of how this represents you. I think it's wonderful you have such a meaningful tat. I have one as well, unfortunately mine has no real meaning. And, no, I wouldn't consider ours a tramp stamp either.... ;)

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP