Niki 178/365


I mentioned I had news, here it is:

I drove 3hrs Tuesday to see the chiropractor who's been helping me
with my spine... With several ribs fully dislocated from my sternum.

They got the ribs back in but I still *hurt* . I had a theory that
they were being continuously pulled out of place by muscles which
typically means a week of true bedrest and enough meds that I would be
stoned out of my mind for that week.

The massage therapist was there and after I explained what had
happened (I almost cried when she touched my shoulder) she asked if I
wanted to try massage.

It worked. Ladies that was the most painful 30 min of my life (todays'
photo is where the damage is-to give u an idea of the sensitivity) but
it worked. Turns out the initial injury to the ribs was years ago and
the muscles between the ribs had never recovered from the damage and
that's why I was having the 24/7 discomfort and pain.

This is thrilling to me, for the first time in almost twenty years
(I'm only 22) I have hope that I may live without pain. I have many
old injuries that I didn't allow to heal properly and have always led
to there being a dull roar of pain. Today, 3 days after the massage I
only have a dull muscle ache, like a fading bruise. and to me- that's
amazing.

4 comments:

Bridget February 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

I'm so happy you FINALLY have relief! You must be so happy.

Danni9 February 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

You wrote this nice, long, touching message about living pain free, and all I have to say in response is: booooooooobs. ;D

Anonymous February 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Amber- haha I figured with that picture I would get a few "bewbs" comments-esp from u! Lol

nicole from envisage March 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

Well it's a very nice picture! :-P

That's so great that you have some relief - I'm a big believer in the healing power of massage!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP