Dawn 184/365


Finally made it to the Tiffany exhibit with Emily.
Took this picture before the angry usher admonished me for taking photos.
I tried to counter with "But I am not INSIDE the exhibit yet, this is
OUTSIDE."
She was not impressed.

4 comments:

Sheila March 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

How was it? This is an exhibit I would love to see...

nicole from envisage March 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Ugh, I hate the photo nazis! Though I also hate the people who take flash photography when they're not supposed to.

I'd love to see this exhibit!

Dawn March 4, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

It was really amazing - they had both some of the church windows ( some made for a Montreal Church that is being reno'ed) and a nice variety of his work for houses/lamps/glassware.

One of the best parts was the section on how the different types of glass were made. Em and I spent the rest of the day looking for examples of "draped" glass, or "feathered" glass.

And the colors. The glorious colors. They let you get fairly close, so you could really study the work behind the piece.

They had gotten some of the pieces he did for the Millionaires houses - the art nouveau mermaids and ocean scenes, and they even had a piece he had done as a "copy" of a Toulouse Lautrec sketch/painting with the original and his copy side by side.

I may go back when I don't have an irritated 11 year old asking me "How much longer do we have to stay?"

Dawn March 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Oh Nicole, I am very careful to use NO flash - I set the camera to full on natural light so I can escape the obvious giveaway.

To no avail this time, though.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP