marie 251/365


I'm not a fan of mother's day. My mother doesn't deserve any kudos for the
day,although I usually end up doing something out of guilt. Today I picked
her up on the way to breakfast and let her come along. It was miserable as
expected. Two of my skids decided to go to their bio mom's which just broke
my heart. She hasn't really seen them for about a year until recently. I
don't do what I'd really like to do because I feel so guilty being away from
my kids. What I'd really like is getting a good work out at the gym, having
the rest of the fam clean my house and then not to have to make the plans or
the decisions the rest of the day. It doesn't go like that. My husband tries
really hard, but really I think we should rotate mother's day and take turns
managing each other's mother's day. So what I did instead was take my kids
and mother to breakfast, treat the one skid to a pedicure and took the rest
of the kids mini golfing and to Sonic. To treat myself tonight I'm going to
eat the entire pan of Divinity I made and control the remote all night long.

6 comments:

Robin May 9, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

I really don't like mothers day. My mother is a handfull I called her (out of guilt) talked to her for 38 minutes and am happy to not have to do that again for a while. I really wish no one would acknowledge the day, my husband tries hard too...but the day always sucks. Just thought I'd say I totally know how you feel! You are an awesome mom! :) HUGS

RobinTwo May 10, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

I am also not a fan of this holiday, as you will see from my posting on here as well as PhotoState. This whole Day just gives me worms....It seems more often then not, this holiday either forces people to feel obligated to do things they don't really want to do, or the day ends up being a disappointment for one reason or another. And......I've always wondered....if there is a Mother's/Father's day, why not a Son's/Daughter's day, a Girlfriend's/Boyfriend's day or an Aunt/Uncle day....etc. Aren't these people worthy of a special day too? Ugg!! ;{

Dawn May 10, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

I hate it too. For all of the above reasons. I did not call my mother - and felt vaguely guilty all day. But glad I avoided the pit of Calling her. I think there needs to be n island for women who just care to not be bothered with this day. with Massages and Pedicures and Booze.

Anonymous May 10, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Yepper, I am feeling the pain too. Never have been wished a happy mother's day...but have grown used to it. My mom is a pretty good old gal, so I'm good with visiting her and my mom-in-law too. I'm close with my stepgirls, but they had a crappy step before me. I encouraged them to see me as a friend instead of smom. Still would love a mother's day card or something. :(

Sheila May 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

I'm not a mom or stepmom, just a daughter. And I guess I am lucky to have a great mom who I appreciate & I know she appreciates her kids. But I totally get what R2 is saying -- I think we should set up our own holiday like that! And we will do what Dawn says - massages, pedi's & booze!!

And while it's a day or two late: Happy Mother's/Girlfriend's/Stepmom's/Daughter's/Awesome Friend's Day to you all!!

RobinTwo May 11, 2010 at 2:53 AM  

Aww Sheila xo ;) Thanks! Happy Day to you as well.

Dawn, a mani, pedi and BOOZE sounds like a great plan to me!

MJ, I say we officially elect August 20-22th Crazy Beotch weekend and celebrate our arse off. What do you think? lol

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP