Judy - I have to clean out my mom's entire house (furniture, jewelry, clothes, etc.) I don't know where to begin. Did you hire someone to do this for you?? Thanks.
Bridget, I gathered all the "stuff" that right now I do not plan to take with me to SC. We are talking dishes, glassware etc. that has collected over time plus some southwest jewelry. The company that paid me for all this stuff is a father son liquidating business which clears entire houses or partial stuff like mine. They set the price (which was fair) and take 20% off that and paid in cash on the spot. Look aound your area and ask for referrals from folks who have used their services. I am sure you will find a source. It sure beat having a yard sale! Anything they are not interested in buying you can donate (Goodwill, Habitat ReStore etc.) Sorry about your mother's situation. I sympathise with what you are facing.
6 comments:
WHOA! is this from house stuff or nana's jewelry or both? horray for you!!!
thatsalotta money!
Both!
Judy - I have to clean out my mom's entire house (furniture, jewelry, clothes, etc.) I don't know where to begin. Did you hire someone to do this for you?? Thanks.
Bridget, I gathered all the "stuff" that right now I do not plan to take with me to SC. We are talking dishes, glassware etc. that has collected over time plus some southwest jewelry. The
company that paid me for all this stuff is a father son liquidating business which clears entire houses or partial stuff like mine.
They set the price (which was fair) and take 20% off that and paid in cash on the spot. Look
aound your area and ask for referrals from folks who have used their services. I am sure you will find a source. It sure beat having a yard sale! Anything they are not interested in buying you can donate (Goodwill, Habitat ReStore etc.) Sorry about your mother's situation. I sympathise with what you are facing.
Thanks Judy! Sounds like the perfect way for me to handle this. Bridget
Post a Comment