Mary Jane 290/365


I'm thankful for blue skies. See how crystal clear and gorgeous that sky
is? Trust me, about 2 hours later, it was quite the opposite. I had one of
my greatest fears come to life today. Nathan and I had just decided to go
in from the beach as it had gotten overcast and we had quite enough sun for
one day. We no more had gathered our things up and the rain started. Just
a few drops at first...then out of NOWHERE the biggest lightening strike
in the world came to Myrtle Beach, SC and right behind my head into the
ocean. Thank God, I didn't see the lightening, but OMG did I ever hear
it. Unworldly sound of electricity and then KABOOM with the thunder. At
that moment, I grabbed everything thing I could and ran for the camper. I
didn't care who or what I left behind because I am FREAKING MORTIFIED OF
THUNDERSTORMS. I ran like I was on fire and made it in the camper and took
a deep breath and cried like baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous June 21, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

SCARY. I hate thunderstorms too. I've been known to sit in a closet until they pass. Bridget

mama_gretch June 21, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

I totally feel your pain, MJ. I was once caught in the open when a storm was approaching and everyone's hair suddenly stood on end. I honestly thought I was going to die. At least you weren't a 60-ft tall statue of "Touchdown Jesus!"

adrienne June 22, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

i would have reacted the SAME way... only difference is that i definitely would have had to change my pants when i got back to the camper! scary!

Sheila June 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that you were so frightened! I love a good thunderstorm, but if one was thatclose to me I might be singing a different song!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP