Amanda 329/365


Here I am at the home of our dear friends in Indiana. We're here until
Friday the 30th. I'm homesick and miss Scott and the dog, but we CAN'T
leave until the 30th because something terrible happened with our checking
account and won't have any money to go home until then. They understand I'm
currently homeless and penniless and we can stay as long as we need. I ended
up calling my parents and asking for help. They're sending enough money to
cover the overage in our checking account, but then I'll have to wait until
payday to hit the road home.

Today, our host is working from home and our hostess has to go in to work.
I'm trying to keep the kids corralled and quiet so he can work. I'd take
them to do something but I don't have any cash! We're going take a nap and
go out for a walk to a cemetery down the street today. Then we may make up
bubble stuff and play outside.

The whole situation has me upset and stressed and embarrassed.

5 comments:

Anonymous July 27, 2010 at 4:37 AM  

Sorry to hear this...hope things get better soon. xo Bridget

Andrea July 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

awww...amanda. i'm so sorry. i hope things work out so you can get home soon.

Kirsten July 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

HUGS Amanda! There is nothing more that you can do except enjoy your week with your friends. Everyone has to ask for help at some point and this was your time. It will also be good for you and scott to spend those extra days apart, no matter how much you miss him.

Maureen July 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

((hug)) Not sure where you're at in Indiana, but if you were in the Chicago area, I'm wishing I had time to visit with you this week (I don't, though, so it's just wishful thinking, anyway).

Make it into bonding time with the kids & introspective, growing time for yourself, if you can.

Edge July 27, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Hey, this kind of thing happens to all of us at some stage in life, so don't be embarrassed! I'm sure your friends are feeling honoured to be able to help you out a bit. I would be, given the chance! Bex

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP