This is Z's last week at home before heading off to boot camp. So I've been making favorite meals and desserts. Tonight the request was creme brulee. Here he is..torching the sugar on top.
i just sort of have a permanent knot in my stomach and the occassional inability to swallow past the huge lump in my throat. at this point i'm almost just ready for him to be gone....if that makes sense. trying to make these last days "perfect" is kind of exhausting.
Wow, must be so stressful for you. I'm sure Z is feeling some separation anxiety too. Hope you can relax a bit and not worry too much. Or feel like you have to make things perfect. xoxo b.
I almost cried when I saw this pic. I know it makes me sad and he's not even mine...can't imagine what you are going thru. But oh how proud! He's such a good kid.
4 comments:
How are you holding up????? Bridge
i just sort of have a permanent knot in my stomach and the occassional inability to swallow past the huge lump in my throat. at this point i'm almost just ready for him to be gone....if that makes sense. trying to make these last days "perfect" is kind of exhausting.
Wow, must be so stressful for you. I'm sure Z is feeling some separation anxiety too. Hope you can relax a bit and not worry too much. Or feel like you have to make things perfect. xoxo b.
I almost cried when I saw this pic. I know it makes me sad and he's not even mine...can't imagine what you are going thru. But oh how proud! He's such a good kid.
Post a Comment