Kirsten 319/365


Made Quinoa tonight. SO yummy!!

My cousin and I were talking and she told me she wanted to try Quinoa and
have me make it. I had no idea what the hell she was talking about. Quinoa
is like rice, but its a seed. When it cooks it expands 4X its size. Its
suppose to be the new healthier food to eat. Quinoa is high (12%18) in
protein unlike rice and wheats and also has essential amino acids and loads
of fiber. I was hesitant in trying it because I have a hard time with
textures but was very surprise at how yummy it is! I'm thinking it would be
Great with my stuffed peppers!!

5 comments:

miss selene July 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

i adore quinoa! it's so yummy.

adrienne July 19, 2010 at 6:42 AM  

i need to try this- looks like a good texture for little ones, too!

Kirsten July 19, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

I was going to ask you chelle If you had tried it before, I assumed you had. Do you have any recipes its especially good for?

miss selene July 19, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

recipes? lol i'm not so good at cooking recipes. i use it in place of rice a lot of the time. also good cooked and cooled with either egg mixed in or fruit. made salad with it with raw veg, chicken, teriyaki sauce. the only way i haven't tried it is in soup.

now i need to go buy some. mmm.

it also comes in red and black varieties. i haven't tried the black quinoa yet but the red is tasty too. yours looks like it has a sauce on it eh?

Kirsten July 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

I made mine like spanish rice so there is taco seasoning and tomatoes in it.

Is there a flavor difference in the red and black? I would be willing to try them, just have to track them down first :)

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP