Sarah 312/365

I went to Roberts hearing today. I sat in a room with the woman prosecuting
him while she explained the plea deal to me, 15 years. I looked her in the
eyes as she called me The Victim over and over again, Robert tried to
smother The Victim with a saran wrap covered pillow, The Victim thwarted his
attempt by waking up and fighting back, The Victim called 911, The Victim
The Victim The Victim.
I eventually tapped my finger on the table and interrupted her, I pointed at
myself and I said,
"Me. You mean me. I am sitting right here across from you and my name is
Sarah."
15 years. So many people expect me to be happy about this. I am sick about
it.
Mother. Fucking. Sick.

2 comments:
People think you should feel vindicated. What they don't understand is that the very person you love and trusted "victimized" you. I hate the word and all the connotations that go along with it and how you're "supposed" to feel. Fuck those who can't understand, for hell's sake you're lucky if you can understand your own emotions right now. Take your time, talk it out an write it out as much as possible. It takes a lot longer than you think to get past something like this. - Marie
I'm also sick - the whole story is tragic and I just wish our world wasn't like it is! Bex
Post a Comment