Amanda 363/365


Zoe turned 9 today! *sniff* She's been being quite the bratty diva about
her birthday this year. Temper tantrums when we said we couldn't have a
really big party have been happening. The last straw for me was when I
asked her if she'd like to have some friends over for cupcakes and playtime
on her birthday. Her reply? "As long as there are presents I don't care."

So. I invited a very small group of friends for cupcakes and lemonade. I
specified 'no gifts'. I blew up a bunch of balloons and just left them
lying around for the kids to kick about.

The kids drew this tail-less bunny and I gave each of them a cotton ball
with glue on it. We played 'Pin the Tail on the Bunny'. The child who got
closest got a "Hip-hip HOORAY!"

They all seemed to have a good time. There were no tempter tantrums, like
we had at her party last year. And can I say how much less stress I felt
without tossing a big-ass birthday party?

2 comments:

Maureen August 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Good for you! And, while she may have 'learned her lesson' about brattiness and greediness, I'll be she also learned her lesson about friendship and simple fun being the best gifts that anyone could give to her. You rock!

Sheila August 31, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

I think that sounds like a fabulous party -- and it's good to get these life lessons at her age, because they will stay with her. You're a great Mom!

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP