Bridget 349/365


I made arrangements for my mom to come home today for a 3 hour visit. I
think it was really confusing and exhausting for her. Two hours into the
visit she kept wheeling herself over to my front door and pointing at it,
like she wanted to go. I can't understand a thing she says so I'm not sure
what she wanted. Thankfully, the wheelchair van showed up 20 minutes early
to take her back so I was able to get her home a little sooner. We went
together back to the nursing home and then she cried when I dropped her off.

I took some pictures of her while she was here but I hated them. She just
looks so awful. So instead, I am posting a picture of the very strong drink
I made myself the minute I got home.

7 comments:

RobinTwo August 16, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

Oh Bridge :( I'm so sorry.....that had to be sooo hard I can't even imagine....I'm giving you an extra hug when I see you Friday. xoxox

Mary August 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

Maybe, next time if it is nice out, try taking her outside and see if she likes it? Just a suggestion, I may be way off...

Edge August 17, 2010 at 2:20 AM  

Oh Bridget, this must be so hard for you! I'm really glad you're making the effort though - some people would take the easy way out and not do visits etc... I wish you the strength you need for this, and I'm sending love and hugs! Bex

Mary Jane August 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM  

My dear Bridge, I know it is so hard. We didn't get instruction manuals on this kind of thing...no one warned us it was going to be this hard. I'm so sorry. As difficult as this is, you will be glad you did in later on...you will know you did what you could. Love you my friend.

Andrea August 17, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

i understand completely. taking my dad out of his element was always very confusing for him and usually set off a round of issues afterward. i'm not sure why that is. i hope you will be able to come to terms with her situation and try to enjoy her in the nursing home. it probably is the most compasstionate thing you can do. NOT easy for you...i know. i'm so sorry you (and your mom and sister) are having to go thru this. i know how heartbreaking and trying it can be.

Linda August 17, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

So sorry to hear it's so rough, Bridget. Like Mary said, maybe she did indeed prefer to be outside. And maybe visits to your place will become more comfortable for her over time. Regardless, I'm sure you're doing the best you can. Hugs to you...

Anonymous August 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM  

Thanks, ladies. Your support means the world to me. :-) xo

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP