Linda 357/365


I actually got the thrill of holding a hummingbird in my hands (but didn't
get a pic; this shot is from the feeders today). A couple of them got into
the barn and couldn't get out, so my guy got one to cling to a net and
brought it out by the one of the feeders. It was quite tiny (probably a
baby) and panting hard. I picked it up and placed it on the feeder, but it
didn't feed. So I poured a couple of drops of lemonade on its beak (which
it drank) , and then it quickly flew off. I hope it survived.

5 comments:

Kirsten August 24, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

HOLY COW! What a great shot of a hummingbird let along a baby! I hope he makes it too!

Andrea August 25, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

unbelievable picture. i officially give up - no way i could ever top this hummingbird picture! (i got to hold one in my hand many years ago - it got stunned flying into the window. it finally woke up and perched on my finger for a couple of minutes and then flew off and then came back and landed on my shoulder and sat there for several minutes before it flew off for good!)

Lynn August 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Awesome shot! But much cooler that you got to touch a baby! I bet the lemonade was just enough to help it get its wits back.

Anonymous August 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

send this pix to The Auedobon (sp?)
Society.

Mary Jane August 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

That is the money shot girl! Awesome.

Followers

About This Blog

Please e-mail Sarah at
submitenvisage@gmail.com

Our Stats

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP