I have an African Grey parrot named Tequila. I grew up overseas and lived in Nigeria - where they are native. I babysat for an entire year and finally saved up enough to buy her. I was in 7th grade...13 years old. I am now 46 and she is still going strong. She lives with my mom, now. Sadly, I am sure I will end up with her eventually as they can live to be up to 75 years old. My mom is 73 now...so I think Tequila might out live her.
Andrea - what an amazing investment you made at such a young age. We also had an African grey when we were first married. Beakster outlived my grandfather and continued to speak in his voice. Since moving overseas we haven't lived with a grey for many years; it's fun to share our home with one again. Our first experience with a baby grey. He's so much fun!!! I bet Tequilla is a great companion for your mother (and what a great name he has)
3 comments:
What a pretty bird!
I have an African Grey parrot named Tequila. I grew up overseas and lived in Nigeria - where they are native. I babysat for an entire year and finally saved up enough to buy her. I was in 7th grade...13 years old. I am now 46 and she is still going strong. She lives with my mom, now. Sadly, I am sure I will end up with her eventually as they can live to be up to 75 years old. My mom is 73 now...so I think Tequila might out live her.
Andrea - what an amazing investment you made at such a young age. We also had an African grey when we were first married. Beakster outlived my grandfather and continued to speak in his voice. Since moving overseas we haven't lived with a grey for many years; it's fun to share our home with one again. Our first experience with a baby grey. He's so much fun!!!
I bet Tequilla is a great companion for your mother (and what a great name he has)
Post a Comment